Sunday, October 21, 2007

ROLLING DOWN THE ROAD

Went to Roanert Park and had dinner with my daughter Teresa and her husband Morgan friday night. We went to a small Indian Restaurant food was excellent even though I was late, I took wrong turn and got lost.
After dinner Morgan showed me how to use my new digital camera. Camera was birthday present to myself, also a business expense as camera can be used to document findings on Termite reports. Next morning headed back to bay area, took off on side road towards Guarneville, on sweetwater springs road. Ended up on Russian river road and followed the Russian River to its mouth at Jenner. Spectacular scenery, beautiful river valley, spectacular fall colors, trees were all changing colors. Very rugged coastline.
Watched all the seals and sea lions along with flocks of brown Pelicans at the mouth of the river.
Turned south towards Bodega bay, fantastic views all the way to Bodega. Cute little towns and shops every couple of miles. Mad at myself because I forgot my California Road atlas, took wrong turn ended up in Petaluma, wanted to follow the coast back. Next time I am going to go north instead and take Hwy 1 all the way to Fort Bragg. All in all a nice quiet weekend

No comments: